Saturday, May 30, 2009

Finally! Preview Release!

I decided to release it as is as "preview". Whoo! Get it there:
Main page | Free preview | Full preview

I'm dead tired after setting up contracts, configuring the sales system, and so on, then double and triple checking the system, so I'd rather leave huge announcements and advertising for tomorrow or even monday.

Also, I uploaded a new youtube video of me using built-in editor.




The Editor doubles as cool artistic tool on its own that you can use to create interesting images. Just imagine how you can use it to enhance your PhotoShop or Gimp artwork, how you can combine it with your 3D graphics. Possibilities are endless. In 2007, I made a really sweet valentine's day card with essentially same technology (except I didn't have any real-time viewer back then; it took 20 seconds to render a frame, whereas now it takes less than 0.005 seconds) and it was well liked.

When you get bored of playing, you can create your own beautiful things.

6 comments:

  1. I've said it before and I'll say it again, this looks amazing. I'm not a gamer (just boring puzzle games :) ), but I can definitely see people liking this.

    By the way, I've tried out the freeware and I think it could really use some sounds/music. If you're interested I could give it a go, having had some experience in the music industry.

    Assaf

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS,

    You should really link this post back to your site and the game itself - it took me a bit of time to figure out where it was and where to download the preview version from.

    Assaf

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the offer on music! I'll keep that in mind.

    As for puzzle games: I'm trying to think up alternative "puzzle" gameplay for this, maybe related to topology of those complicatedly connected fractals.

    Links: evidently, I was so tired I forgot those, and my full preview did even display "tech demo" in the window title (which somehow slipped through my blind spot as I were testing that the full version's features work correctly). Fixed it now and updated.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow!
    Just wow... I can't believe what you build there.
    I love fractals even though I have barely a clue how they work.
    If you put in some nice music and sound effects (there technically is no sound in space but who cares?) and perhaps eventually a multiplayer mode this will be a really great game. I can actually imagine some mathnerds sitting hours in front of the editor screen until they built a nice area to play with some friends.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll try to add collaborative editing when I get multiplayer in... tweak stuff together :-)

    Actually, you don't need to know mathematics to tweak it. Being the author, I know the formula exactly, yet I absolutely cannot tell how a tweak in matrix cell will affect the result - I simply try it, and discover. Wouldn't make sense otherwise - it would be awfully boring if I always were getting what I expect.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes that is the exact definition of the chaos theory:
    Put in some numbers and see what happens. :D

    ReplyDelete