Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Porting to OS X.

Been very busy, hence no blog updates.

Today I did a lot of messing with Mac OS X. Firstly, I did set up compiler on Linux to build for Mac (by this tutorial), only to discover that OSX 10.5 obsoleted old binary format somehow (i386_THREAD_STATE marker number changed, *what the hell*), so I had to fix and debug linker (took several hours), manually merging in some headers from apple's SDK into odcctools (automatic merge failed).

Secondly, whenever I use mac I'm annoyed by OS X infamous mouse acceleration curve.

I found apple mouse driver's settings, you can read those online here All the important settings are base-64. IOHIPointing.cpp and IOHIPointing.h seem to be the implementation. I'll refrain from commenting on the apple's truly horrific coding practices, apart from noting that apple's linker sources seem even worse.

No comments:

Post a Comment